SUP Australia Inc (SUPA) is the peak body for the sport of stand up paddle in Australia.
Stand up paddle is a unique sport. Participants use a paddle and large stable board and can paddle in any water location from the open ocean out to sea, coastal shore to far inland on dams, lakes, rivers and canals.
SUP is not a surfing sport nor is it a canoe or surf ski sport. It’s a melding of all, with its own specialised equipment and skill and technique.
Its versatility of locations, minimal equipment needs, amazing fitness benefits and the ability for the whole family to participant make it one of the fastest growing sports in the world today.
- promote the sport of SUP, and encourage participation
- provide a co-ordinated approach for SUP dedicated events and competitions
- provide support to affiliated SUP clubs
- be a reference authority on SUP matters for councils, government departments and the general public
- work with peak SUP bodies in other countries
- promote SUP education
- be inclusive to all